Monday 6 April 2020

CLEETHORPES MP MARTIN VICKERS RELEASES MESSAGE FROM GRATEFUL CONSTITUENT

Martin Vickers - the Government is doing all it can

CLEETHORPES and Immingham MP Martin Vickers has made public a message he has received during the current coronavirus situation from a grateful constituent.


Hi Martin,

I hope you and your loved ones are safe. 

I am in your constituency, and have lived here for the last 38 years.

Last week I received a letter from the NHS telling me I was vulnerable due to my ongoing cancer treatment.

Today, out of the blue,  two young men delivered a food parcel courtesy of HM Government. 

My wife and I where very pleased and surprised to receive this.

I cannot tell you how grateful we are for this gesture.

What other country in the world could have done this in under a week and shown such a caring attitude to its vulnerable?

There is too much Government bashing in the media. 

They are, in my opinion,  performing very well in difficult circumstances.

Positives like this should be reported more. 

I applaud and thank the efforts of all in government the NHS and all workers from doctors to checkout and shelf-stackers operators in supermarkets for their efforts.

I am not sure who to send my thanks to Martin, I am sure you will know.

As the Brian Ferry song goes, "Let’s Stick Together".

Meanwhile, the MP has put out his own statement on the situation.

"The coronavirus pandemic has changed our way of life dramatically. 

"People are being asked to make sacrifices and alter their lives in ways that they have never before experienced and perhaps never anticipated.

"Whilst this is not an easy time for anyone, the Government is doing all it can to provide help for individuals, families and businesses across the country. 

"Of particular concern are the many vulnerable people who are being advised to self-isolate for 12 weeks.

"It has been reassuring to see communities come together to look after those who need it most. 

"The Government has contacted the most vulnerable households and is mapping out those who need assistance with essentials such as getting food and medicine.

"Thankfully, the system is, for the most part, working." 


No comments:

Post a Comment