Saturday 5 September 2020

CONCERN FOR TV PERSONALITY AS HE REVEALS BATTLE WITH SERIOUS ILLNESS

THE naturalist and TV celebrity who has, for many years, promoted a Grimsby company, has appealed for support from the public after falling very poorly


Bill Oddie has often appeared in promotional material for Haiths bird seeds which is based on Europarc.


But today he revealed that he had been “very ill” as a result of lithium toxicity.


In a message on Twitter, he says: “Just so you know, I have been very ill most of this summer . 


“Lithium toxicity. Almost fatal! I am still here but very confused about most things! 


“But then aren't many of us?


“It befuddles my brain. Confusion. 


“Will I return? I Really dunno. I do hope so. 


“Please wish me luck.”


In a previous tweet, posted in June, Bill Oddie wrote:”I am nearly 79. 


“My fingers get tangled on a keyboard,  and are too clumsy for a  mobile. I wont go through all the things I can't do. 


“Just about everything.


“I am NOT kidding. It is driving me crazy , and that  drives my wife crazy too.


“This is VERY serious.


“Help!”


For much of his adult life, Bill Oddie has sometimes struggled with depression - most notably when he was dropped as presenter of BBC-1 TV’s Springwatch in favour of Chris’s Packham.


Lithium is a drug sometimes prescribed as a mood stabiliser, but it can have unwelcome side-effects.


He first found fame as part of the team of a wacky TV comedy, The Goodies.


No comment has yet been forthcoming from Haith’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment