Wednesday 17 August 2022

RENT-A-BIKE (OF THE ELECTRIC VARIETY) SCHEME IS SUMMER SUCCESS STORY FOR COUNCIL

                                                      

Lynsey McLean - eager to be more active

AN e-bike loan scheme covering North East Lincolnshire has been a bumper success.

Scores of residents have taken advantage of a free-hire-for-a fortnight opportunity provided by the council and its partner, Equans.

Among scheme participants has been Lynsey McLean who says: "I wanted to use my car less and in favour of something that is more economical and less harmful to the environment. 

"I also wanted to get a bit more active and try losing some weight.

"I was a bit nervous at first as I wasn’t sure if I could adapt to the e-bike, but I had a practice ride at the Grimsby Cycle Hub, next to Grimsby railway station,  before taking up the loan."

Also extremely happy with his trial was James Borrill who  had previously been travelling to work by car.

However, he wanted to travel more actively and sustainably whilst saving money on petrol and the e-bike did just that.

"E-bikes have changed my life!" he enthuses."My happiness and wellbeing have improved significantly from this."

For more information or to book your free trial, visit www.hwrcc.org.uk/e-bike-scheme , call 07983479362 or email carole.johnson@hwrcc.org.uk

Due to the success of the trial, there is a waiting list and applicants should be aware of this.

James Borrill - 'e-bike has changed my life'


No comments:

Post a Comment